Friday, March 02, 2012

The Emotive / Só de mim

Came across this during Valentine's day, but to avoid any cliches, I kept this for another day. 

Today doesn't feel right or wrong... There's not a particular time that this should be shared... 
It just should! 

The first inspired the second... But I have to admit... 
... The "sequel" ... "had me on hello"!

The Emotive




I don't know you.
And I don't want to.
But I have something I'd like to say.
I hope you took a five-minute break from playing call of duty today just to tell her how much you love her.
I hope you picked up the least rotten flowers at the gas station that you work at just to surprise her for a change.
I hope that when she pours her heart out to you you're not just nodding your head and saying uhhuh.
I hope that you're everything I couldn't be.
I hope you see that even stumbling she has more grace and elegance than a boy like you could ever hope to comprehend.
I hope you treat her right.
I hope you know that she's always loved it when you bite her bottom lip.
The stupid say a girl is made in her hips but the truth is in her eyes.
I hope you know they're green.
I hope you know that she's not a morning person, drinks her coffee black, speaks art like her first language and took sailing lessons just to see the other two-thirds of the world.
She robbed every bar in the city with just her smile.
I don't claim to be an expert.
But I'd be a fool not to know that she squeezes her toothpaste from the bottom because she's always planning ahead.
She doesn't smoke or drink because she'd rather read in bed.
And I'd give anything if I could just be her man instead.
I hope you know that.
I hope you know that her favorite color is white.
She's captivated by firework light.
And you will nerve have an unnecessary fight because she
She is as patient as a flower in winter.
And when she springs
I hope you're ready.
Because she can set your soul on fire with just a touch.
Now this may be a bit much for you to manage.
But I guess those are the struggles of having the personality of a cabbage.
So let me break it down for you.
I thought I was having a heart attack the day I first saw her.
My heart was as rhythmic as a child banging on pots and pans.
Because she
She is dynamic.
Love at first sight is an understatement.
No, to me
She is all five senses.
Ground and blended, she is more potent than the most copious amounts of caffeine.
She will keep me up for days.
And I spend those nights thinking about how she came into my life, took my hand, drew me close and whispered something in my ear that I'll never forget.
She said
I love you.
I love you for the words you give me the strength to say and
The songs you give me the audacity to play.
I love you for the way you send my heart aflutter.
The way that no other can possibly make me feel because you
You make me want to dance.
And so I took that chance.
I leapt in as uncertain as I was about my dreams.
Only knowing that this
This was real.
So when I tell you that I hope you know what you're doing
I sincerely mean it.
Because I hope you know that if you play with her heart
You'll lose her.
I hope you know
Because I wish
I wish that I had.


Só de Mim


Tu não sabes quem eu sou, mas eu sei quem tu és… e só preciso de um minuto da tua atenção.

Quero dizer-te que espero que saibas a sorte que tens. O quanto eu gostaria de estar na tua pele. Poder estar na mesma cama que ela todas as manhãs. Ajudá-la a acordar da má disposição matinal.

Espero que saibas que ela só vai falar contigo depois de lavar os dentes. Não é por mal… é por medo de perder o encanto aos teus olhos. Que a consideres um ser humano comum.
Espero que saibas que ela gosta de aproveitar cada raio de sol, e que o café a deixa mal disposta.

Que escolhe a roupa que vai vestir na noite anterior, só para poder ter mais cinco minutos de sono pela manhã. Que o despertador toca cinquenta vezes até que se levante, e que mesmo assim, consegue chegar a horas.

Quero também que saibas que adora histórias do fantástico. Mas não de terror! Que é capaz de saber o nome de todas as personagens de um livro antigo, mas que não se vai esforçar para decorar à primeira os nomes de todos os teus amigos…
Porque ela… ela é que sabe de si.

Tu nunca serás uma sorte para ela. Sorte é poderes tê-la na tua vida.
Sabes?
Ela não é romântica por natureza, mas uma demonstração espontânea da tua parte vai fazê-la fraquejar. Porque ela é segura e doce ao mesmo tempo.

Ela não sabe cozinhar, mas vai esforçar-se para fazer o teu prato preferido. E se estiver mau, vai rir-se do falhanço, em vez de corar.

E quando ela ri… eu tenho vontade de chorar. Não de tristeza, mas porque cada gargalhada é uma nota musical que toca ao coração e faz querer dançar.

Espero que pares de fazer o que gostas e que por vezes tenhas tempo para ouvir sobre o seu dia e sobre cada pequena conquista. Que atures os seus devaneios artísticos e o tempo que perde a colorir livros infantis quando quer ter tempo para si.

Quero que saibas que eu gostava de estar desse lado, a aturar o seu mau humor e a vê-lo mudar depois do primeiro copo de vinho.
Queria poder apreciar as suas unhas que estão mais tempo de verniz estalado que de verniz perfeito… mas que cada forma de vermelho tem uma história que ela construiu com as próprias mãos.

Gostava de me ter apaixonado por ela no primeiro dia que a vi, e não no segundo. Porque cada dia com ela é a certeza de que somos amados. Porque ela é sedução e alegria num só. Porque consegue o que quer com o poder do sorriso e a força do olhar. Seria um tolo se não soubesse que tem olhos castanhos e que adora a cor verde.
Quero que saibas que ela é tudo o que quero e nunca soube que tive.

Aprende que a arritmia que sentes com ela é normal! E que a falta dela é um vazio igual à morte.
Espero que sejas tudo o que eu nunca fui.
Espero que a trates bem.
Porque se lhe partires o coração vais perdê-la para sempre.
Pudesse eu ter lido o futuro...

No comments: