Sunday, January 01, 2012

Best of 2011 - From my perspective


So, we have reached that time of the year... The time were people make lists with various different tops! 

Some make their top photos and videos... others their favourite moments on screen... while others do their top albums and movies! 

Since I'm a big cinema and music fan, it's only natural that I would focus on those two areas to compile my Top 10 of 2011. Therefore I will present you a list, based on my own personal taste...

Be aware that there are many films and albums that I hadn't had the opportunity to watch/listen... Due to lack of time, but also because certain candidates aren't still available in my region. So don't assume this list is my absolute final take on what was good during this past year. This list comes more as a recommendation of some sort, distinguishing the movies I enjoyed more watching, rather than saying "These are the best  ones. end of Discussion." You can either agree or agree to disagree... 

Nonetheless I hope you enjoy the list and if you haven't seen or listen some of my suggestions... give it a try and then let me know your thoughts!

TOP 10 MOVIES
(without a specific order, except for the first three)














1. Drive
2. Warrior
3. 50/50

* La Piel Que Habito (The Skin I Live In) 
* Jodaeiye Nader az Simin (A Separation)
* Win, Win

* We Need to Talk About Kevin 
* Midnight in Paris
* X-Men: First Class
* Ides of March
* Bridesmaids


TOP 10 ALBUMS
(without a specific order, except for the first three)















1. Bon Iver - Bon Iver
2. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
3. M83 - Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

* Bombay Bicycle Club - A Different Kind of Fix
* The Drums - Portamento
* Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Hysterical
* Wilco - Born Alone
* Metronomy - The English Riviera
* The Black Keys - El Camino
* Kurt Vile - Smoke Ring For My Halo

No comments: