Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yann Tiersen Live @ Black Sessions




I wrote on this blog about the Black Sessions, a popular radio show that came to life in France by the hands of Bernard Lenoir, thus the name "Black" Sessions, as a clear reference to its creators name Lenoir (which is "The Black" in french)!

This musical segment is mostly dedicated to indie music and has gain a major cult following around the world. It has gathered in their studios artists in the likes of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Bloc Party, Au Revoir Simone, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Andrew Bird, Arctic Monkeys, Beirut, Belle & Sebastian, The Cure, Los Campesinos !, Editors, Feist, Franz Ferdinand, The Eels, The National, The Shins, Nick Cave, Smashing Pumpkins,Interpol, Jeff Buckley, Joseph Arthur, Patrick Watson, REM, Yo La Tengo, among many others... 

I want to leave you with Yann Tiersen's performance! Not just with a song, but the entire live act!
Fortunately someone posted the entire thing online... and I'm not just referring to the audio tracks. It actually is the video compilation shot at the scene!

Hope you can enjoy as much as I did when I first heard it on my iPod!













No comments: