Monday, August 01, 2011

PJ 20 - Coming Soon

Snyposis (Apple Website):

Pearl Jam Twenty chronicles the years leading up to the band's formation, the chaos that ensued soon-after their rise to megastardom, their step back from center stage, and the creation of a trusted circle that would surround them-giving way to a work culture that would sustain them. Told in big themes and bold colours with blistering sound, the film is carved from over 1,200 hours of rarely-seen and never-before seen footage spanning the band's career. Pearl Jam Twenty is the definitive portrait of Pearl Jam: part concert film, part intimate insider-hang, part testimonial to the power of music and uncompromising artists. 


Director Cameron Crowe unveils never before seen footage of one of the most influential and significant rock bands to ever step foot on a stage! One that has especially left a huge stamp on my generation! They have a special relationship with Portugal and have come many times, but unfortunately (for one reason or another) I was never able to see them! Last year when they announced on stage they would stop playing I felt horrible... I could I have missed so many chances to see one of my all time favourite groups? They give amazing shows... one after another... they keep coming back to my country and I'm still able to miss every single gig! Shame on me! But even beneath that sense of misery and (sort of) disregard, I am keeping the faith alive! They will be back! Until then, there's nothing left for me to do then to keep listening to their music and wait for this documentary to come out!

Can't wait for that to happen!

No comments: