Thursday, August 04, 2011

Bridesmaids (2011)



When I first saw the trailer, I admit it had a few good moments, but not enough to make me get out of my house towards the nearest cinema... A comedy to drag me to a theatre has to be very very promising and also has to involve a lot of friends in order to make the best out of the laughter experience!

So why did I watch Bridesmaids (2011)? Well, for one because I started reading a few reviews and checked the score on iMDB. It holds an impressive 7.5 out of 10, which usually means it's good! Also, it was an Apatow production, so here I had enough to  be aroused with! Also, taking in to consideration we were with a female friend, it made more sense to watch this movie opposite to Transformers 3 (which let me tell you, I will only see it due to special effects! Hated the second one and I'm almost certain I'm bound to hate this third sequel).

So there we were... Ready to watch a female cast lead by Kristen Wiig, who also wrote the screenplay!
Both Wiig and fellow actress Maya Rudolph have a comedy background, with a special connection to the acclaimed show Saturday Night Live, making this even more interesting to watch!

Didn't took long for me to realize I was in for a ride! As the inaugural scene came up, slowly but steadily I started giggling... a giggle that seconds later turned out to be a huge outburst of laughter!

No doubt about it... this was promising and throughout the movie I came to a point in which I was certain this was for me to recommend to friends (Watch out for the dress scene... it's absolutely hilarious!)!
There's a chemistry between the female group, which providing different set of skills into this comedy, allowed it to consistently progress without reaching a dull moment!

Please go watch it while you can... and make sure to go with a huge army of close friends!

No comments: